Saturday, July 12, 2008

Top 10 Disney Villains

10. Captain Hook (Peter Pan): Poor guy; who wouldn't get annoyed with those bratty kids?
9.
Gaston (Beauty and the Beast): He's just one of those villains who has... a great song.
8.
Shere Khan (The Jungle Book): He has such a great bass voice (listen to "That's What Friends Are For",) which is a quality that all cool male villains should have.
7.
Scar (The Lion King): He wins big points in the evil voice department (great job, Jeremy Irons.)
6.
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty): I think it's kind of pathetic when you can turn into a 50 foot dragon but all you can do is clumsily take up space and then fall to your doom a few moments later.
5.
Lady Tremaine with Drizella & Anastasia (Cinderella): What is it about evil women and fantastic hairdos?
4.
Jafar (Aladdin): I could never figure out how his neck and face could be such different colors.
3.
Queen Grimilhide (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs): She is just so classic.
2.
Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmations): Every time I see someone who resembles her, I start singing that song in my head. So jazzy and evil. It's great.
1.
Ursula (The Little Mermaid): Her bosomy shimmy during "Poor Unfortunate Souls" should be enough to make anyone shudder.

The villains are always my mom's favorite characters, so I think her fondness for them has rubbed off on me.

1 comment:

H.Cook said...

I like your descriptions of the villains. I knee Ursula was going to me #1!