Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Top 10 Great Disney Songs

10. Let Me Be Good To You (The Great Mouse Detective)
Nothing like a saucy mouse...
Best line: "You tough guys/ you're feelin' all alone/ you rough guys/ the best o' you sailors and bums/ all of my chums"
9. The Phony King of England (Robin Hood)
...or a hot fox :)
Best line: "Incredible as he is inept/ Whenever the history books are kept/They'll call him the phony king of England."
8. Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast)
I love French... see also number 2.
Best line: "Beef ragout, cheese souffle/ pie and pudding en flambe/ We'll prepare and serve with flair a culinary cabaret."
7. Arabian Nights (Aladdin)
Love the character in the intro.
Best line: "When the wind's from the east and the sun's from the west/ And the sand in the glass is right/ Come on down, stop on by/ hop a carpet and fly/ To another Arabian night."
6. Be Prepared (The Lion King)
This was my favorite song as a child.
Best line: "Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning/ Decades of denial is simply why I'll/ Be king, undisputed, respected, saluted/ And seen for the wonder I am/ Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared/ Be prepared!"
5. Honor to us all (Mulan)
Love the clever and fresh lyrics.
Best line: "Boys will gladly go to war for you/ With good fortune and a great hairdo"
4. Pink Elephants on Parade (Dumbo)
This is just so absurd that I love it.
Best line: "I can stand the sight of worms/ And look at microscopic germs/ But technicolor pachyderms are really too much for me."
3. That's What Friends are For (The Jungle Book)
Great a cappella.
Best line: "We're friends of every creature comin' down the pike/ In fact we never met an animal we didn't like."
2. Les Poissons (The Little Mermaid)
Most comical scene in Disney I think, and who hasn't tried to mimic Louie's laugh?
Best line: "First, I cut off their heads, then I pull out the bones/ Ah, mais oui ca c'est toujours delish!"
1. When I See an Elephant Fly (Dumbo)
Dumbo just has great songs in general. Love the puns in this one.
Best line: "I seen a peanut stand/ I seen a rubber band/ I seen a needle that winked its eye/ But I be done seen 'bout everything when I see an elephant fly."

2 comments:

H.Cook said...

how do you know the lyrics to the dumbo songs? I haven't seen that movie in YEARS!

Brett said...

I call FALSE on your list. Make a Man Out of You from Mulan is far superior to every other song listed. It gives me chills just thinking about it

<3
Brett