Thursday, June 5, 2008

Top 10 Scary Thoughts in the Dark

10. That the ceiling will fall on top of you.

9. That there is someone looking at you through the window.
8. That someone will grab your feet and drag you out from under the covers.
7. That any limb you let hang off the side of your bed will be grabbed.
6. That someone is hiding in the closet.
5. That the floor is crawling with worms.
4. That the walls are breathing.
3. That there is someone in the room, and if they realize you're not really asleep, they will stab you or shoot you.
2. That someone will be staring down at you when you open your eyes.
1. That someone will grab/slit your ankles when you step off of your bed.

I've always had a really active imagination. It's a wonder I've managed to somewhat keep my sanity for this long.

2 comments:

Yukiko said...

I'm glad i didn't read this last night... I've thought about #1 a lot too when i used to have a car. I heard of a girl walking to her car in the dark and there was a guy hiding underneath it who slit her ankles. AHHHHH! And for your #5, I've thought about the floor being covered in fish. Sick.

H.Cook said...

do I need to get you a night light?