Thursday, May 22, 2008

Top 10 Holy Interjections

As this is a family friendly site, I have disqualified all phrases that are vulgar or blasphemous in nature. Except for Holy Mackerel, man, those mackerels just need to stop spreading their vulgarity everywhere.

10. Holy Toledo! (Yay Ohio! Hey man, I don't want to hear about Spain.)
9. Holy Hera! (Does this count as blasphemous?)
8. Holy Moly! (Did you know that moly is a real word? It's a type of plant, or herb, or something. Just FYI.)
7. Holy Schnikes! (So is schnikes. Um, just kidding.)
6. Holy Hannah! (What did Hannah ever do to be so exalted?)
5. Holy Cow! (Going to McDonalds is an unpardonable sin.)
4. Holy Cannoli! (Just pick any Italian food... ravioli, macaroni, it all works.)
3. Holy Mackerel! ( Why does food always make it to the top of my list?)
2. Holy Smoke! (Definitely still food related. Think Salmon, or Gouda.)
1. Holy Guacamole! (Delicious and it rhymes. A true winner.)

This is the kind of nonsense I think of when I'm lying in bed at night trying to sleep. I also found "Holy Shiitake" while I was browsing the web, which I thought was a cute euphemism for, uhh, sheep. Although I'm really only interested in legit ones that are widely used. I know I missed some good ones so if you can think of any please let me know.

No comments: